Getting a feline furry buddy for yourself can be a wonderful prospect. A cat will be one of the best companions for you - it will ensure that you are never bored as long as it stays with you. The cat shops in Singapore offer a wide variety of breeds and types that you can choose from, depending upon your needs and budget. But if you are not aware of the specific of each cat breed, it can be quite hard for you to choose between the different options available. And you do not want to be making the wrong choice here as buying a cat is a long term commitment.
Here are some tips that will help you in making the right choice when looking through kittens for sale in Singapore and making the decision on the one to buy: https://www.google.com/afs/ads/i/iframe.html
- Remember to choose an indoor cat breed. They tend to adjust better with urban living environments and will longer and remain healthy, despite reduced exposure to open environments and activity.
- Cats with brachycephaly, or "pushed in" faces (like Persians and Himalayans) will often need the area around their eyes cleaned to prevent infection. They will also develop breathing problems later in life owing to their snout structure and nose placement. Keep these factors in mind when selecting these breeds.
- The coat of your cat is also an important consideration to bear in your mind. Breeds with longer hair will need more attention and grooming as compared to the ones with a shorter coat.
- The age of the cat will play a major role in deciding the actual expense you will have to bear to make the feline your own. Kittens for sale in Singapore tend to be more expensive as they will need vaccinations, deworming treatments and neutering. In case of full grown cats, these aspects would already have been taken care of by the seller.
- In terms of handling too, kittens pose more of a challenge. They are generally very active and need constant activity and attention to utilise the energy in their bodies. Full grown cats tend to be a lot calmer and easy to manage.
- Long haired cats are usually more prone to cause allergies in people because regular shedding is a major factor that you will have to deal with in their case. If you or anyone in your family has cat allergies, it would be better to avoid getting such a breed for your home, despite of how adorable they may look.
- Cat breeds have distinct characteristics that are often passed down through generations, such as a Siamese's tendency to meow all the time or a Siberian's willingness to be handled. Make sure you are buying a purebred animal from a reliable cat shop in Singapore.
- Different cat breeds usually exhibit specific health problems, most of which are associated with their body structure. Persian and Himalayan cats tend to have heart and kidney disease problems, while Maine Coons have hip problems and heart disease issues. Put in some research to understand the breed you are after before buying. If you need any kind of information on this article related topic click here: Maine Coon kittens for sale